The majority of the lighting we sell has a minimum of 3 years product warranty form the manufacturer, specifically of note:
- Heathfield LED tubes are warrantied for a period of 3 years from date of delivery.
- Megaman LED lamps and bulbs are generally warrantied for a period of 3 years from date of delivery (except where product listing states differently).
- Philips MasterLED lamps and downlights are generally warrantied for a period of 3-5 years from date of delivery (except where product listing states differently)*.
All other lighting products are warrantied as per manufacturers specification from date of delivery.
Proof of purchase is required for all claims.
In the unlikely event that goods are, or become, defective within this warranty period, you should inform us as soon as possible after delivery.
We will ask you to return the Products to us at our cost (refunded at second class standard postage rates only) and once we have examined the Products notify you via e-mail if you are entitled to a repair, a replacement or a full or partial refund, in accordance with our Terms & Conditions. We will process your repair, replacement or refund as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of receiving the defective Product.
These terms will also apply to any repaired or replacement Products we supply to you.
* Please note the Special Conditions for Philips MasterLED lamps warranty:
- The warranty period is based on a burning behaviour of a maximum 4000 hours/year.
- The Purchaser shall not rely upon any other information or documentation. This warranty only covers Products applied within their “intended” or “normal use” as defined by:
- Operating conditions are in accordance with the information on the Products and its packaging;
- AND ambient temperature never exceeds the operating temperature range -20degC to +45degC;
- AND relative humidity in the installation never exceeds 80% RH, or never exceeds the IP rating of the Product if any is provided;
- AND Products are operated in an open luminaire, with minimum 10mm air around the body of the Products;
- AND Products are not subjected to more than total of 20,000 fast switches (time between “on” and “off” is less than 10minutes);
- AND The electrical installation in which the Product operates is not subjected to voltage fluctuations in a range exceeding 230V +/- 10%.
We know that you will be pleased with your purchases from liht.uk. However, there may be occasions when you will need to return items to us.
Non-Receipt Of Items
If you have not received your items you must let us know within 7 days from the estimated delivery date. Once we know you have not received your item we will investigate the matter fully both internally and with our carriers. Unfortunately we cannot investigate non-receipt deliveries after this time has elapsed.
Returns using your own method of delivery
If you elect to return a defective product to us using your own method of delivery, we will refund up to £3.50 of the costs incurred by you. This will only be refunded upon the receipt of proof of the carriage costs.
Products Damaged in Transit
If any items were damaged in transit, we ask that you report it to us within 7 working days. If the items are visibly damaged on receipt, it’s best to sign the carrier’s delivery note accordingly. Items should be returned in their original packaging complete with all accessories and documentation. Once received back into our warehouse, we’ll issue a replacement or full refund to you via your original payment method and reimburse your reasonable return carriage costs.
Products Faulty in Warranty Period
If any of your purchases develop a fault, and it’s within the warranty period, you are entitled to a warranty repair or replacement. We test returned items, and if a returned item is found not to be faulty by our technicians we will return the item to you, in this instance you will be liable for the return carriage.
Sale Clearance Stock, Fittings & Luminaires
Only non-clearance range stock items may be returned – fittings, luminaires and sale clearance stock are non-refundable, unless written confirmation is received from us or unless of course they are faulty.
If you change your mind
If you have simply changed your mind about any item ordered and you wish to return it, then in line with the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) you can do so provided you inform us of your decision within 14 days of receipt of the item. The item must not be used and must be ‘as new’ when returned to us (products may of course be fit-tested, but must be immediately removed and replaced into original packaging if they don’t meet needs).
Once you’ve informed us that you wish to return products under the DSR, you have 28 calendar days to do so, at your own expense. Once the item is received we’ll issue a full refund for the product to your original payment method (less the cost of any shipping if originally dispatched free of charge).
Please note this policy has some limitations and does not apply to customers for bespoke projects.
When returning products we urge customers to wrap them carefully to ensure safe transit.
Refunds will not be provided where the product or original manufacturer packaging is aesthetically damaged e.g. scratches on products, or crumpled or water stained boxes etc.
Returns must be arranged in advance with our Sales Team (firstname.lastname@example.org
) who will issue the appropriate paperwork to ensure full traceability of the products returned.
In addition to this policy you should also refer to our general Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Please make sure the Product is right for you before buying.